Saturday, October 15, 2011

Clinique Bonus Time!

I remember the first time I got a Clinique compact. I don't know how old I was, but it was a really long time ago. Probably close to 20 years ago. Sometimes I think of stuff like this, and suddenly my age hits me. But anyway, I was shopping with my Aunt Char and my cousin Kelly at either Hudson's or Marshall Field's (both the same store - they've just changed names a couple times), which is now Macy's. Aunt Char took Kelly and I to the Clinique counter and treated each of us to a compact. That was it. I was hooked. Cheap make-up no longer did it for me. The marbled green case with the ivory pressed powder just seemed like something special. 


Sometime later I discovered the wonders of Clinique Bonus Days. Many, many times over the years I patiently waited until it was time for Bonus Days to buy my make-up. For a long time, I used only Clinique. I loved the simplicity. I loved the white coats the sales ladies wore over their clothes. And I especially loved Bonus Days.


In case you're not familiar with Bonus Days, it's a special time twice a year when Clinique customers get a free gift with a minimum purchase. Usually there is a cosmetic bag of some sort, a lipstick, a small moisturizer, and two or three other items. 


I don't get to partake in Bonus Days that much anymore. I don't buy make-up as often as I used to, and when I do it's usually less expensive brands. But a couple days ago Mathilda and I went shopping with my mom while the kids were at school, and my mom treated me to a Clinique compact. This is still my favorite Clinique item. And to further my joy, it was also Bonus Days! So in addition to my beautiful compact, which is a slightly modernized version of the one I first got so long ago, I got a cosmetic bag, a matching smaller bag that could be used for a change purse, a chubby stick (lipstick), a small moisturizer, a facial scrub, a small mascara (my favorite mascara because it NEVER clumps), and a little set of eye shadow. 


Macy's is running Bonus Days right now through October 23. You can check out the Clinique website to find out when stores in your area are having their 
Bonus Days. Clinique is one of my favorite splurges, and if you've never tried it before Bonus Days is the perfect time.


I was not compensated in any way for this post. I just love Clinique and wanted to share the awesomeness of Bonus Days. Opinions and views are 100% my own.

No comments: