Thursday, October 20, 2011

Johnsonville House Party

House Party is one of the resources I included in my recent post,Sweet Resources for Spectacular Freebies. I applied for several House Parties before I was finally accepted to do a Johnsonville House Party. So if you join House Party, don't be discouraged if it takes awhile to get your first party assignment. There's a lot of people trying to get into these programs!

 I received a box full of goodies for my Johnsonville Pizza Possibilities Party, including:

  • 3 coupons for FREE packages of Johnsonville Italian Sausage
  • 1 coupon for a FREE package of Sargento shredded cheese
  • 1 package of high quality paper plates 
  • 1 package of high quality paper napkins
  • 1 oven mitt
  • 1 pizza cutter
  • 1 apron
  • 1 serving spoon
  • coupons for Johnsonville sausage to share with my guests
Here's the loot:



As you can see, everything is emblazoned with the Johnsonville logo, which is kind of fun, 'cause I'm pretty sure you can't buy this stuff at the store.


So I invited some friends over for a pizza party. Of course this meant a day full of crazy cleaning and preparations, which is fine because I'm the type of person who needs major motivation to deep clean my house. And the end result is always so worth it - fun with friends!


Four families ended up attending my Johnsonville party, husbands and kids included. It was mayhem, but the best kind - the kind where everyone is talking and laughing and eating, and the kids are running around and playing until they're so tired they're about to just pass out on the spot.


I made the pizzas ahead of time and had them baking in the oven when everyone started arriving, knowing it would too hectic to try to have our multitude of guests and their myriad children participate in the process. I made three homemade pizza crusts, using my trusty Betty Crocker recipe which I've mentioned before. I also bought a loaf of freshly baked French bread, cut it in half length ways, and covered that with pizza toppings and baked it too.


Everyone brought stuff to share - chips, drinks, desserts, and salad. I also made a couple desserts. Still, I was a little nervous we wouldn't have enough food. However, it all worked out and we even had a little leftover.
The French bread pizza seemed to be the favorite, but I never got to try a piece. You know how it is when you're busy hostessing...I grabbed one quick piece of pizza while on the run, and dipped into the dessert a little.


I think this is an awesome program, but as you can see from the list above, House Party does not provide nearly everything you need to host a party. In this case, since it was a pizza party, I had to make sure I had everything for pizza. One package of cheese doesn't go too far. I spent about $30 out of pocket, and keep in mind that I made the pizza crust from scratch with ingredients I had on hand, so I'm not factoring in the cost for that. So if you do decide to head over to House Party and start applying to be a host, remember that it's almost certainly going to cost you. Some of the other programs don't require you to actually feed your guests dinner, so there's probably not as much cost involved if that's the case.


I had a great time at the party, and I think my guests did too! I love an excuse to get together with my fab friends and their families! We had a lot of laughs, and since we don't get together nearly often enough, I know we all needed it. I can't wait until next time!

No comments: