Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Books Go Digital

A couple of my kids have baby books around here somewhere, partially completed. Filling in all those pages was such a daunting task. I'm pretty sure I didn't get past kid #2. I personally think they were designed to perpetuate mommy guilt. Although I have to admit it's fun getting those books out now and then and reminiscing. Maybe I would have been better about it if I could have done baby books with the help of an online app like The Day Baby Was Born, a FREE app launched by Tommee Tippee (maker of baby products).


This is a really cool app. You can create an extremely minimal baby book with very little effort. It can include things like news events from the day your child was born and the price of a gallon of gas. Plus you can link up your Facebook account (in fact, a Facebook account is necessary to use this app) and your storybook will include posts pertaining to your child's birth.


But if you want something more, The Day Baby Was Born can accommodate you too. You can create pregnancy and birth announcements for Facebook. You can keep a pregnancy journal. You can fill in the blanks to create a personal story from the day your child was born. You can write a letter to your baby. You can add photos. You can share your story book on Facebook, and you can download it as a PDF file and save it forever (it will also be saved on the website for one year).


I wish I could create complete storybooks for each of my kids using this app, but unfortunately The Day Baby Was Born was developed for brand new babies. It's easy to use and a really great idea. Even though my kids were born too long ago to get full use of the app, I could still create storybooks for them that include personal stories from their birth days, letters to them written by me, and pictures.  


How about you? Have you kept up on baby books for all of your kids? If not, do you guilty about it? Would you be more likely to use an app like The Day Baby Was Born than a traditional baby book?


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.


No comments: