Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

A few days ago the kids and I returned home from a week-long vacation in Port Austin, in Michigan's thumb (non-Michiganders: hold up your left hand, palm facing away from you, for a makeshift map of Michigan. Tip of the thumb, that's where we were.). It was wonderful and hard to come home. How quickly I adjust to hanging out at the beach every day. (Mexican beach house...)


A trip to Port Austin circa 2008
As always, I'm trying to get sort of back to normal after being away from home, but like usual life will not pause for me to give me a chance to catch up. In the morning I'll be leaving for a parenting/leadership conference, which will keep me away from home overnight (in a hotel room all by myself!). Then I'll come home to having a few extra kids staying with us for a few days, and the garage sale we're planning on having this weekend.


This is just a long winded way of saying that I'll post about our vacation, including lots of pictures, just as soon as I get a chance. Chris has been going to Port Austin since he was a baby, and we started going there together when we were dating. We've gone just about every year with the kids. I'll tell you all about it asap...

No comments: