Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I have so much to be thankful for, today and everyday.

I am thankful that Mattie is sitting on my lap and chattering my ear off as I type this. I could just hug my little chubkins all day long.

I am thankful that Connor has been cleaning the heck out of his bedroom this week. This is an odd turn of events, as he usually stubbornly maintains that he doesn't know where to put anything. I have not, however, looked in his closet...could be an avalanche waiting to happen.

I am thankful that the spider that fell off the ceiling above Lucy's bed as I was trying to kill it last night did not re-surface. It quite likely spent the night crawling all over my girls, but if so, at least it didn't wake them up.

I am thankful that I've been able to spend lots of time with my friend Hilary this week, especially considering that she is moving far, far away in less than 2 weeks.

I am thankful for Mexican food.

I am thankful that Mathilda was a good girl yesterday while Hilary and I were busily packing and shuffling boxes.

I am thankful that Lucy and Bethany get to spend some time with their very best friends tomorrow night, before they move across the country in less than 2 weeks.

I am thankful for everyone who has been voting for me on the Wyndham Women on Their Way contest. Last I checked, I was hanging onto a spot in the top 10. You can vote every day through March, & it is really easy - no registration required - so please keep voting! (thank you!)

I am thankful that the weather has been rather spring-like.

I am thankful that Connor is having a friend over after school tomorrow. My poor son needs a little more testosterone around here more often.

I am thankful that Chris's step-dad once again took Connor to floor hockey last night. This is such a huge help to me, I can't even describe.

I am thankful that Mattie and I got to hang out with my mom for a little bit earlier this week while the big kids were at school.

I am thankful $1 argyle socks from Target.

I am thankful that there's leftover pizza in the fridge to feed the kids for lunch.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: