Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'll be honest, I've had better weeks. But nothing good comes of focusing on the negative, and I always have tons to be thankful for. Such as...

I'm thankful that my ultra congenial Bethany has some truly great friends & that she has been having lots of good times with them.

I'm thankful that Connor got some time with his buddies over the weekend at a friend's birthday party.

I'm thankful that I got to catch up with my crazy busy friend Cathy this week.

I'm thankful for the warmest Michigan March in my memory. My kids are wearing shorts to school. In March, people! I can't even express how uncommon this is.

I'm thankful to everyone who has been voting for me in the Wyndham Women on Their Way contest, and sharing my entry, and saying lovely things about me. Really, I can't get over how nice people are. (Click HERE to vote)

I'm thankful that I made the decision to quit keeping track of my standing in the contest. I do not know if I'm still in the top 10, I can only hope that I am. It was way too stressful, and now I'm at peace. Que serra, serra and all that.

I'm thankful I finally broke down and got dental x-rays a couple months ago, otherwise I would not have known that my tooth which had already had a root canal and had a crown on it was in imminent danger of infecting my jaw.

I'm thankful that yesterday, when I had my appointment to have the tooth in question surgically extracted, the office called regarding a cancellation - which allowed me to get the procedure over with two hours earlier.

I'm thankful for novicaine, which allowed me to be totally pain-free during my oral surgery.

I'm thankful that the surgery is now a thing of the past.

I'm thankful that the dentist prescribed Vicodin, which has been helping me stay more or less pain free.

I'm thankful that I'm not too terribly hungry, which is a good thing because yogurt, ice cream, and smoothies are not all that filling.

I'm thankful for the 3 pounds I've lost since yesterday. See above.

I'm thankful that Mathilda finally fell asleep last night.

I'm thankful that every morning Mathilda wakes up wanting to cuddle.

I'm thankful for all the time my kids have been playing outside lately.

I'm thankful for our new trampoline - thank you again Hilary & Milo!

I'm thankful for the book I just finished reading - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, by Jonathon Safran Foer. Apparently it is also a movie, so I'll have to check that out too.

I'm thankful that Chris was able to pick the kids up from school yesterday, and his step-dad was able to take Connor to floor hockey, and that my mom was able to pick the kids up from catechism and come over to help me last night while Chris was at band practice. It would have been a rough day without so much help.

I'm thankful that I'm feeling much better today.

I'm thankful that my mother-in-law took Bethany out for some one-on-one time the other night, and bought her a whole bunch of stuff for her upcoming trip to Florida. She needed summer clothes pretty badly, and now she doesn't need nearly so much.

I'm thankful that I realize how much I have to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: