Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's a cold, dreary March day in Michigan...perfect for cuddling on the couch with Mattie and baking cookies. And of course...counting my blessings...

I'm thankful that my mouth is feeling less and less sore every day & my re-check at the dentist yesterday showed that everything is healing as it should be.

I'm thankful that even though summertime has left Michigan for the time being, yesterday was a beautiful day and I even got a little bit of yard work done.

I'm thankful that I got to meet some friends for breakfast book club Monday morning.

I'm thankful that my friend Tina highly recommended a fantabulous book, which I proceeded to get for my Kindle and read in less than 24 hours. The book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and it is currently on the New York Times bestseller list in the category of children's chapter books. However it is another one of those books, which seems to be so common right now, that pretty much ignores age constraints. In other words, it's definitely adult-appropriate. And it's on sale for $9.99 on Amazon right now (hardcover), or $10.99 for the Kindle edition. The subject matter sounds really depressing, but it's actually a really funny book, to counteract its inherent sadness.

I'm thankful that the kids and I are going up north tomorrow with my mother-in-law for a few days.

I'm thankful that when I pick the kids up from school early tomorrow to head up north, our Spring Break will officially commence. I can't wait for 9 days in a row of no school!

I'm thankful for everyone who has been voting for me in the Wyndham contest. I appreciate the support immensely! (Click HERE to vote!!!)

I'm thankful for morning cuddles with Mathilda after I drove the kids to school today.

I'm thankful that 3 out of 4 kids ate broccoli with dinner last night without complaining about it.

I'm thankful that my wretched skin is starting to clear up a little bit.

I'm thankful that I have a stockpile of cookie dough from a school fundraiser and as soon as I'm done writing this I'm going to get right on baking some cookies, before I work out. So that when I'm done working out I'll have some nice warm cookies to eat. Makes perfect sense, right? My logic cannot be faulted.

I'm thankful that Chris didn't immediately withdraw Bethany from school and send her off to live in a convent after he found the song lyrics she had printed out because she and her friends were going to make a video for the song. I'm not even going to share the name of the song with you. Let's just say...oy.

I'm thankful that I have no errands that I have to run today...there's plenty I could but they can wait. It's just one of those days I'd rather stay home.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: