Sunday, April 15, 2012

In My Travel Bag: Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

Gillette Venus & Olay


The Gillette Venus and Olay five-bladed razor is exactly the kind of product of which I would typically be skeptical. It just seems too easy and too good to be true. That's why I'm so glad to have been given the opportunity to try it through the Influenster Vox Box program.

The Venus and Olay razor makes shaving simple by having the moisturizing shaving cream attached to the razor in small bars. Little bars are on each side of the blade, petrolatum on one side and glycerin on the other. Using additional shaving cream is not necessary. There is nothing complicated to do or remember - wet the razor and shave, and it automatically lathers as you shave. As I'm using this razor, it feels a little strange and doesn't seem like it's working all that well. The lather is very light and not at all what I'm accustomed to when using shaving cream or gel. But sure enough, my skin feels nice and smooth afterward. And I haven't nicked myself once, which is a fantastic selling point for me. As a bonus, my razor came with a suction cup holder for storing it in the shower. It's working out very well, and I'm glad to have a place to hang my razor when I'm done using it.

The razor has lasted me through a few weeks of fairly frequent shaving (minimum 3 times per week). The moisturizing bars are shrinking down quite a bit at this point, but the razor can still be used with some shaving cream or gel. I honestly didn't think it would last this long, so I'm really pleased. This razor would be perfect to bring along on a trip, and from now on it's going to be my go-to travel razor. Bringing shaving cream is a pain. I have to worry about leakage, plus I can never find the cap. The regular size cans are so cumbersome, but I hate to waste money on the travel size cans. The Gillette Venus and Olay razor is a great solution.

Based on how the razor has been working out for me at home, I would feel comfortable bringing it on a typical one to two week vacation. Anything longer than two weeks, and I might consider bringing along an extra cartridge or two. But for beach vacations, I shave daily. I still think one would be absolutely fine for a one week beach vacation, but anything longer than one week and I'd be safe and bring at least one extra cartridge.

With lots of summer traveling ahead of me, I'm so pleased that I was introduced to this product. The Gillette Venus and Olay razor will definitely be in my travel bag from now on.

A refillable Gillette Venus and Olay razor with one replacement retails for around $8.99 to $10.99. A three pack of refill cartridge sells for approximately $14.99 to $19.49.

By taking part in the Influenster Vox Box program, I received a Gillette Venus and Olay razor free of charge. All opinions are my own.



2 comments:

Top Anti Wrinkle Creams said...

The Venus and Olay razor makes shaving simple by having the moisturizing shaving cream attached to the razor in small bars. Little bars are on each side of the blade, petrolatum on one side and glycerin on the other.

Unknown said...

レイバンを買ったって、あいつ最近調子に乗りまくって、気に入らない!俺だって、レイバン ウェイファーラー持ってるし、3本も持ってるよ!あの大人気なレイバン RB2140だって持ってるよ、負けられない!