Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I've been busy and had a headache that was trying to kill me. Hence my absence the past couple days. But I have so much to be grateful for, like always. For example...

  • I'm thankful that we finally got the old carpeting out of our family room.
  • I'm thankful that Bethany's cell phone/text message Valentines that we made together came out pretty cute.
  • I'm thankful that my nausea-inducing killer headache is gone.
  • I'm thankful for lunch with my friend Shelly on V-Day.
  • I'm thankful for yummy salads. Now if only someone would make me one for lunch and dinner everyday, I'd be all set.
  • I'm thankful that Chris suggested we go to IKEA this week. And that Mathilda was a good girl, used the potty twice while we were there and stayed dry in between; we had a good lunch together; and we got lots of cool stuff for the house for not a lot of money. Most importantly: a cool rug for the newly naked family room floor!
  • I'm thankful for IKEA, just to be clear.
  • I'm thankful that my kids helped me survive last night as I was laying on the couch dying of a headache. I had them doing everything from fetching me cups of Gatorade to washing Lucy's hair in the bathtub, and they were all so kind and helpful about it.
  • I'm thankful my mom took Connor to floor hockey last night because otherwise he for sure would not have been going.
  • I'm thankful for a quiet house today. Mathilda is spending the day with Chris's mom.
  • I'm thankful that my friend Shelly gave me homemade laundry detergent (that she made!) for my birthday (along with Thin Mints, don't want to forget those!). I can't wait to use it. The only reason that I haven't used it yet is because I keep forgetting to bring a spoon down to the laundry room, and Lord knows once I'm down there I'm not coming back up for a spoon.
  • I'm thankful for the upcoming 3-day weekend!
What are you thankful for today?

No comments: