Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Help for the Business Traveler








My love of travel is no secret. I don't think I could ever tire of traveling if I tried. Seeing new places, doing new things, experiencing places outside of my home and even my comfort zone...these are some of the reasons travel invigorates me. I can never understand people who prefer not to travel, or even strongly dislike it. To each her own, but I simply don't get it. But there is that segment of the population who might get burned out from too much time on the go, and that would be business travelers. There are the occasional business travelers, and then there are those who are gone for weeks at a time, hopping planes practically in their sleep. Chris's step-dad use to be one of those guys, spending weeks in China or Australia, only to get home and have to jump in the car or another plane within hours and head to Toronto or Chicago or Mexico. I could see this kind of lifestyle becoming tiresome after awhile!

In support of my love of travel, I find websites all the time that offer me tips, advice, and inspiration, all in the name of the joy and passion of having a wandering heart. But there is also a website out there for the business traveler, www.innovanaut.com, which is all about covering the news that matters to those on the road for work purposes.

What kind of useful information can you find on a website like this?
  • Business Traveler Innovations: recent articles include Now you can use your Smartphone to pay your cabbie, and Attention Business Travelers: Now you can leave your luggage at the airport
  • Business Traveler News: this includes the latest news about airports, airlines, and hotel chains
  • Business Insider and Lifestyle articles of general interest to the business traveler
  • Events: for example, Business Travel Club member meetings
  • Time Off: coming soon, help with booking down time activities and travel
For up to the minute business travel updates and information, be sure to subscribe to the newsletter!

Do you have a job that requires extensive travel? If so, do you think that affects your feelings toward travel in general?

No comments: