Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So What! Wednesday

Once again, I'm linking up for So What! Wednesday.





This week I'm saying So What! if...

The runner in our hallway is so dirty because Cleo (our dog) always lays on it, but instead of cleaning it, I think I'm just going to throw it away? Garbage pick-up is tomorrow...

I just painted Mattie's tiny little toe nails, and I think they're about the cutest thing ever?

I get a particular sense of satisfaction when I see Mattie wearing something that both Lucy and Bethany wore? Keeping clothes for that long is not easy for me, I want it goooooone!

Even though I don't like to keep outgrown clothes around for long, sometimes I remember something that one of my kids used to wear, and I wish I had kept it? Right now Mattie is going through a dress stage, she only wants skirts and dresses, and so I keep thinking of all these cute dresses Bethany used to have that I got rid of years ago.

I don't like to be chained to material possessions? That's why I take van loads of stuff to Salvation Army several times a year. Chris still accuses me of being a hoarder, but the truth is he has WAY more stuff than me.

I'm not exactly Merry Sunshine in the morning? Maybe if I got a little more sleep...

Mathilda ruins like every marker in the house because she doesn't put the tops back on? Someone seriously needs to invent a marker that doesn't dry up. Or one with a flip top so it can't roll under the entertainment center or get lost in the couch cushions.

I much prefer texting to talking on the phone? Have you seen that funny little quip floating around Facebook: I should change my voice mail to "hang up and text me"? Yeah, that's me.

I'm trying to convince Lucy to get her hair cut for the summer? She is totally not having it, but I'm still working on her! It's just so hard to style!

I tried and tried to convince Bethany NOT to get her hair cut, but she did anyway and now she wishes she hadn't? Now I know I should have been telling her to cut it, then it would still be long!

What are you saying So What! to this week?

5 comments:

Karen said...

I definitely prefer texting too!
I read your "about me" section...I will look for your book reviews. I LOVE to read too.

alyaia75 said...

Yeah there is just something about the simplicity of texting that I love! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Unknown said...

i agree with the other ladies... totally a fan of texting over calling. you feel so less intrusive on other ppl's lives. plus you can reply on your terms, not theirs.

And way to go on taking stuff to salvation army! it's the best feeling to clear away the clutter! I'm over from SWW!

Anonymous said...

I prefer texting too! Who wants to talk?? I even want companies (like the dentist or whoever) to just text me.

alyaia75 said...

Great idea! Everyone should start confirming appointments via text!