Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Michigan Memory: Perfect Spring Days


I'm linking up with Mrs. Weber's Neighborhood for My Michigan Memory! Local Michiganders, head over and enter to win a total awesome prize: a Hudsonville ice cream party for up to 75 people! Please note that the winner must be willing to host her party within a one hour drive of either Detroit or Grand Rapids. If you are a blogger and want to link up your own My Michigan Memory post, you can earn extra entries in the contest!


Some years, like this one, springtime in Michigan is lovely. Summer is not officially here for a couple more days, but already we've had some really fab weather. I hate chilly, wet springs - but this year I've been loving springtime!

Recently, the kids and I packed some snacks and picked up my mom to spend a beautiful spring afternoon at a local park. Local readers might recognize it as George George park. It's really clean, and well-kept, with a nice picnic pavilion and good play equipment. Bethany moaned and groaned a little, because she is getting to that age where everything is boring unless she's with her friends. But I think she eventually got over that and actually enjoyed herself!

Sonic is nearby, so when we left the park we stopped and got 1/2 off slushies for everyone. It's always good to have a little bribery leverage when you know at least one of the kids is going to loudly protest when it's time to go!

Summer is still my favorite, but this year I've learned to love springtime just a little more than usual!







No comments: