Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So What! Wednesday

I'm linking up for So What! Wednesday!



So What! if...

Connor has been spending a lot of time crafting homemade "weapons" in the backyard. I told him it's a relief to know he could take care of himself if he's ever stuck on a deserted island.

A couple days ago a friend's Facebook post gave me the idea to limit my kids' television and computer usage to evenings in the summertime. We did it for two days, and then Bethany got sick (strep!) so our TV is now on 24/7 as she convalesces on the couch.

Last week the garbage men didn't pick up our yard waste, so it has been sitting at the curb for a whole week. Once in awhile they just skip right past our court. Hopefully it gets picked up today!

The first thing I heard this morning, as I was lying in bed just waking up, was the garbage truck outside picking up recycling, which we never did get out this week. Now we will have to get creative with our recycling stuff for the next week since both our bins are totally full. 

I ran outside in my nightgown when I heard the garbage truck and at least got our trash to the curb in time.

I'm so afraid Connor is going to get strep and he won't be able to finish off the week at his very expensive Lego class. 

I think my homemade pizza is better than any store bought pizza.

At every moment of every day, I have more things to get done than I could ever possibly get done, even if the days were twice as long and I got half as much sleep. I'm in a constant state of prioritizing. This is most apparent in the category of house keeping. Somehow things like cleaning the floor and organizing the coat closet keep getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

I really need to get on planning overdrive for our road trip, which is going to be here before we know it!

I need a pedicure. Like, desperately. Another thing that keeps getting pushed to the bottom of my list. 

I have a crazy number of emails in my inbox. I think I would feel like I lost 10 pounds if I did something about that.

I have been depending on the kindness of my friends this week an awful lot, thank you friends!

What are you saying So What! to this week?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

homemade pizza... yum! I agree, there's sooo much fun you can have with toppings, sauces, why limit yourself to what the stre can make?

And good news on your son being able to survive on an island. What a relief to know he has those skills :)