Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm taking a moment out of my currently hectic life to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for this week...

I'm thankful...

That Bethany & Lucy's dress rehearsal went off without a hitch. Although I put the wrong color tights on Lucy after all. 

For our air conditioned house, especially in the 90+ degree weather we've been having.

That at least one of our vehicles has air conditioning that actually works, and that I could drive the girls to the dance rehearsal in it.

That one of the moms from dance told me about sock buns last week, and I was able to figure out how to do it in Lucy's hair. Bethany doesn't have enough hair, but I still managed to pull off a pretty decent bun for her too, albeit not a sock bun.

For my mom coming to pick Lucy up from dress rehearsal after she was done with her number, so she didn't have to sit there until almost 10:00 with Bethany and I.

Watching my girls dancing up on stage. I am in awe every time I see it, especially because I don't think anyone  could have paid me to get up on a stage and dance when I was a kid.

For basketball camp at the high school that Bethany has been going to this week with some of her friends.

That Bethany's end of the year/5th grade graduation party she had with some school friends a few days ago went smoothly. Nothing broken, no terrible messes, and I don't even think anyone cried. 

For my father-in-law's pool. If the summer continues to be this hot, we'll be spending a whole lot of time in it.

That I got Connor in the Lego class session I wanted, and that his friend got in too. Which means more driving around like a maniac next week. Wheeeee!

 For flip flops. I need some new ones because mine are pretty beat up, but I still love them. There is no better shoe for hot summer days.

For a fun Bunco night a few days ago.

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Meg said...

You do have much to be thankful for! I too am from MI and at 7mo pregnant, this heat is kicking my butt. But I too have family with a pool and have not been shy about visiting it. Looking forward to cool down they are calling for :-)

New follower of your blog. Found it on the bloggy moms MI group!

alyaia75 said...

Thanks for visiting & following :-) I love connecting with fellow MI bloggers! Good luck with the pregnancy, and I'm going to check out your blog right now!