Saturday, September 3, 2011

Time To Ditch The Funk

I've been a little absent from the blogging world...I've been busy with end of summer stuff, and I've also been in something of a funk. This past week I've been dealing with some personal stuff that has pretty much left me feeling crappier than I've felt in a really long time. Plus I'm seriously depressed about the end of summer, and sad about Lucy starting kindergarten. She is happily anticipating the start of her elementary school career, and I'm excited for her, but I am going to miss her.

Sometimes things just are what they are, and I simply have to deal with it and learn to not let it get me down. I can't control other people, but I can control how I react to them. It hit me like a ton of bricks last night that I've been letting myself believe things were a certain way, and really it's not like I wanted it to be. I guess everyone needs a reality check now and again.

Sorry to be so vague.

I'm trying now to get back on track, enjoy the last two days of summer break, and embrace the start of fall and the new school year. I'm making the decision to be happy, and to live joyfully despite everything that is fighting to make me miserable right now. Deep breath. I know I can do this.

No comments: