Sunday, July 31, 2011

Confession Time: I Don't Make My Bed

Yep, that's right. I admit it. I don't make my bed, pretty much ever. Think of me what you will. The only time my bed ever gets made is on the rare occasion when we're having company and my bedroom happens to be clean enough to leave the door open. In other words, hardly ever. 


It gets worse. Sometimes I go to bed with dishes in the sink. Like most nights. I do not lose sleep over the unwashed pots and pans. Should I? Nah, definitely not worth it.


While I'm at it, I may as well keep going and confess that at least once a week I forget about laundry in the washing machine and have to re-wash it. I do hate waste so this is one I'm trying hard to not do anymore. Which means restraining myself from tossing in just one more load of laundry past midnight.


I did not get that clean freak gene I've heard others talk about. Sometimes I wish I did. Other times I really don't care because let's be honest here, cleaning is not generally in the forefront of my consciousness. 


There are times, lots and lots of times, when I feel positively overwhelmed by everything that needs to get done around here. I don't know where to begin. I feel like I'm juggling a million balls and they're falling down all around me. I'm pretty sure life would be much simpler in a Mexican beach shack.

3 comments:

mslabattblue said...

My dream life is a Jamaican Beach Shack!! I am just like you. My goal come September is to get rid of alot of junk and pair down the clutter!! Im pretty sure I say that every year.

alyaia75 said...

Jamaica would be good. I could live with that for sure.

Unknown said...

Lol! I have to admit, I hate it when the bed isn't made. The rest of the house can be filthy, but the bed needs to be made. When the bed is made, the house feels in order...even when it isn't. And yes, I've been known to leave laundry sitting in the washing machine too long and have had to rewash it. That's just part of being a mom. (at least that's my excuse!)

Blessings,
Rosann
http://www.christiansupermom.com/