Saturday, July 16, 2011

RoC Challenge Update

Before
It's now been 8 weeks since I began using RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. I have been faithfully applying it every night after I wash my face, and have probably only skipped 3 or 4 nights total.


Here's what I think so far:
8 Weeks

  • This product has caused very mild irritation for me. Once in awhile, a little tenderness that doesn't last long, and a few more zits than normal. But nothing major.
  • I love the consistency of it. Not greasy at all, doesn't leave my face feeling oily, goes on nice and smooth, and plus has a nice light scent.
  • I have definitely noticed a difference in the fine lines on my face. The stuff works people!
There are still 4 weeks left in the challenge. I am hoping to see more changes for sure, plus my supply is going to last me much longer so I will keep using it for as long as I can. Do I look 10 years younger? Umm I don't think so, but I am so not good at judging how old people look, least of all myself. And whether I look younger or not, I do see a positive difference in how my skin looks. 


A couple things:

  • Be really careful with it near your eyes, it will burn if it gets in your eyes!
  • Make sure you use sunscreen. I use a moisturizer with an SPF 15 every single day and have been in the sun a lot. I know products containing retinol can make you more susceptible to sunburn, but since I've been careful I've not had a problem with this at all.
  • If you notice a lot of irritation, start out lightly applying the cream a couple times a week and gradually add more days and more cream as your face gets use to it.
  • One of my Life List items, #23 to be exact, is to get in the habit of washing my face every night. Finally, this dream is coming to fruition, thanks to this challenge!
  • Thanks to SheSpeaks and RoC for this awesome opportunity to try a product I probably would not have splurged on for myself. I love it!
Disclaimer: SheSpeaks and RoC provided me with two tubes of RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream to try. I received no other compensation. The opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments: