Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week in Review

This past week has been fun, fun, and more fun. I was worried that I would maybe burn out from all this activity, but it was actually pretty great. Here are some highlights:

  • Monday the 4th we spent with good friends
  • Chris took Bethany and Connor to see the new Transformers movie 
  • Connor went with friends to see Rio at the cheap show
  • Friends have been hosting outdoor movie nights at their house every night this week...all the kids lay down on the grass with their sleeping bags and blankets and pillows, there are a bunch of snacks and goodies, and they project the movie onto the side of the house. We went 4 nights in a row - so much fun!
  • The girls and I met up with friends at a nearby park (while Connor was off at the movie theater seeing Rio) and then went to their house to go swimming afterward
  • We went bowling with my mom, my aunt, and my cousin's little boy (See pictures below, as promised since I forgot my camera last time we went bowling)
  • We went to see the play Charlotte's Web at the Hilberry Theater downtown
  • After the play we went to lunch at a really yummy Chinese restaurant, Shangri-La, which is sort of across the street from the theater.
Saturday will be more low key...for me. I'll get a little breather, and then more days of crazy fun plans begin again. Aside from being tired and having a super messy house these days, I've been enjoying every moment of sucking this summer dry. Things have been kind of hectic, but there are lots of things I want to do and lots of people I want to spend time with. In between all of our scheduled to-do's, we've had plenty of lazy summer-day time too.







Movie night

The girls with Wilbur the pig. Connor was far too cool for such childish endeavors as getting his picture taken with a "pig".


How about you? How is your summer going so far?

No comments: