Saturday, October 22, 2011

Need Sleep

Sleep, sleep, sleep. Lucy still has the pukies, which as all parents eventually learn, has a general predisposition to strike at a time when I'd rather be sleeping. It's Saturday but that doesn't mean any of my kids slept in. And I've been so busy washing puke laundry all week that I haven't done any "regular" laundry, and thus neither Bethany nor Connor have clean socks or jeans and they both have plans today. So the mere possibility of a nap will have to wait until they're both done showering so I can then start the washing machine. But then Lucy wants a bath, it makes her feel better and how can I say no to that? And Mathilda is asking for a bath. And Bethany needs a ride to her friend's house to pick up her backpack that she left there yesterday. Chris is helping a friend with something so he won't be home. The kids will need to eat lunch. Connor needs a ride to and from a party, and Bethany needs a ride to her friend's house, where she'll be sleeping over. And oh yeah, I have a flat tire that somehow needs to get taken care of so anybody can get anywhere today. Yes, in case you happen to remember, I did just have a flat tire a week or two ago, on a different tire. I also need to disinfect my house some more, and I'm fairly certain that Lucy is not quite done with the puking, even though there is nothing left in her.

I'm trying not to be tired and crabby, 'cause that's a really bad combination. I'm just going to do my best to get through this day intact and hopefully I'll get to go to bed early tonight. 

I sincerely hope you're having a better Saturday than me! It's not that bad really, it's just that lack of sleep puts a bit of a negative spin on things. I'm hanging out with my babies, and that is always a good thing.

No comments: