Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Rundown

Another Monday already. I had a great weekend, and as always I'm sorry to see that it's over. 


Friday night we had a dinner party with friends, kids included. That was 16 guests altogether. It was so much fun hanging out with my friends while our kids played. I love my friends and feel so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. My little girls have grown accustomed to a 7:30 bedtime since school started, and they were up quite a bit later than that, so a bit of melting down occurred. But other than that, it was a perfect night. The dads took the kids home and the moms continued their night out at another friend's house - but without me as I was way too exhausted to hang out until 4:30 (!!!) in the morning. I was sorry to miss the fun, but my pillow was beckoning after a day full of cleaning, cooking, and baking.


Saturday morning we had a short visit from my mom, and later on Chris's mom picked the kids up to hang out with them for the afternoon. They went to the park and out to eat and whatever else they did until about 7:00. So I had a nice peaceful day. I even had a nap. Divine!


Shortly after I got my kids back, Chris's dad and step-mom came over to babysit for the evening so I could go out and see Chris's band play in nearby Berkley with friends. We have been having the best October weather here in Michigan, and I was so thrilled to be able to go out wearing a sleeveless blouse with no jacket! That is pretty rare this time of year. My moods are so weather dependent, so I'm really thankful for warm fall temperatures! It was a fun night out.


Sunday was a lazy, quiet kind of day. Bethany went out to the movies with a friend, and the rest of us just hung out at home all day. I do have to take this opportunity to mention that Bethany made lunch and dinner for herself and her siblings. She made hot dogs for lunch and French toast for dinner. And I began to dream of my kids making dinner for the family on a weekly basis. It's going to happen. I have a new goal. My kids will learn to cook a few simple meals and prepare dinner together once a week. They can do it, yes they can.


Did you do anything exciting this weekend? Busy or peaceful and relaxed, I hope it was a good one!







No comments: