Thursday, October 20, 2011

Smoke Out

I'm all for personal rights and everything, but when it became illegal to smoke in public buildings in Michigan, I was overjoyed. After years of getting sick in smoky bars, watching Chris's bands perform, I can finally enjoy a show without coughing, burning eyes, and a headache. I can finally come home and hang my coat up in the closet instead of putting it in a bag to take to the dry cleaner. My hair doesn't smell like an ashtray. It's a beautiful thing.


I spent my entire childhood forced to endure second hand smoke, and coincidentally I was sick with respiratory illnesses all the time. I'm being sarcastic, in case you didn't catch that. The result for me was that I never wanted anything to do with cigarettes. It always baffles me when people who grew up like me, gagging in the backseat with no fresh air, start smoking themselves.


Cigarrest Stop Smoking ProgramNow if you want to smoke, well that's your business. As long as you keep it away from me and my kids. But after what I lived with, and after watching my grandma, a lifetime smoker, suffer through (and ultimately die from) emphysema, I really hate to see people do that to themselves. I can only imagine how hard it must be to stop, I totally get that it's addictive. But I know there are resources out there to help people quit. Check out Cigarrest reviews for more info about one such resource, if you're interested.


Are you a current or former smoker? If you've quit, what was your secret to success?

No comments: