Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bright Side

I'm taking a cue from my Lucy today and remembering the bright side of our icky sicky week. It started with Mathilda last Sunday, then Connor followed on Wednesday, and Lucy on Friday. 

Even though Lucy hasn't been feeling well since Friday, she keeps saying stuff like, "the good thing about being sick is I get to take lots of baths," and "I'm so lucky because I get to miss school."

On the bright side, Bethany hasn't been hit with any illnesses yet (knock on wood). And we have beautiful weather, which is perfect for her first trip to Cedar Point today.  


Yes, I was woken up at 7 a.m. this morning to clean up puke and doggy doo-doo. But I was smart enough to go to bed early last night, so I had an adequate amount of sleep. And I got an early start to my day. So I had time to clean everything up, including puke laundry, give Lucy a bath, make Jello, cook breakfast, fold laundry, and take a shower and get ready by the time my mom picked me up at 11 so we could hang out for a 'lil bit.


No, I did not get to hang out at my friend's Halloween party yesterday. But Connor could go to the party and hang out with his buds because his strep throat was no longer contagious and he was feeling great, thanks to his antibiotics. I only ate 2 Oreo balls when I dropped him off, and if I had stayed I wouldn't have been able to keep away from them. Nor would I have been able to resist the other treats that were there. And I was able to come home and get some rest, which I badly needed. See there? Bright side.


I'm thankful for a little inspiration after a long, yucky week. Thanks Lucy, I needed that!







No comments: