Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SheSpeaks Cerra TM Be Aware, Act, Reflect

SheSpeaksbutton 




Sometimes it hits me that I've been running on auto pilot. That I've just been following my calendar, going through the motions, and reacting to life instead of actively living. Let's take this a little further. My kids take a lot out of me. Don't get me wrong, it is my joy in life to take care of my sweeties. But even when I'm not physically doing something for them (washing their clothes, preparing a meal, brushing hair, helping with homework, driving to an activity, baking a birthday cake...and on and on and on, forever and ever), my mind is occupied with my children and their needs. This one is having trouble with a certain subject, how can I help? That one is going to a birthday party, what should I buy for a gift? Another seems to be coming down with something, how can I curtail it before it becomes a full on illness? I worry about their futures, and I fret over how I have screwed up and let them down in the past. 


What this all boils down to is that I need to remember to make myself a priority. I need to be cognizant of the fact that I can run my life - I can plan and set goals and decide how I want to live. I don't have to just let the people and events surrounding me take over, and simply be swept away with the tide. I don't have to be entirely engrossed in my kids, burying my wants and needs so deeply that I hardly remember they exist.


Through SheSpeaks, I became aware of the Cerra Be Aware, Act, Reflect TM program. The Cerra TM practices and products encourage you to:

  1. Be aware of your thoughts and feelings
  2. Act with thoughtful intention
  3. Reflect on your experiences
There are seven Cerra TM intentions, each associated with different scents.
  1. GroundedPatchouli and Ylang Ylang
  2. Creative Energy: Cardamon and Juniper Berry
  3. Gratitude: Bergamot and Balsam Oil
  4. Loving Kindness: Lavender and Cinnamon Bark
  5. Courage: Basil, Thyme, and Eucalyptus
  6. Wisdom: Lavender, Geranium, and Clary Sage
  7. Inspiration: Jasmine and Ylang Ylang
The idea is to focus on an Intention, be aware, act, and reflect. You can use the Cerra TM products, such as sensory oils, lotion, and tea, to help you focus on your chosen Intention. There are also affirmations that go along with each Intention. There is also a supportive online community at www.cerra.com.

As a blogger involved in this SheSpeaks campaign I received a lot of fabulous loot to aid me in my journey. All of the products are to be used in conjunction with the three steps: be aware, act, reflect. 
  • Sensory oils: I received one for each of the seven Intentions. The scents are meant to associate your state of mind to the chosen Intention. 
  • Dissolving notes: Write your emotions on a note, dissolve the note and release the emotion.
  • Teas: Reflect and intentionally shift your mood as you enjoy a tea ritual.
  • Keepsake notes: there are different note cards to go with each Intention. Use the cards to write your thoughts and experiences associated with the Intention you're working on, and take them with you for further reflection when you have a free moment.
  • Hand and body lotion (sample size): works similarly to the sensory oils
  • Guided journal: Each page is a reminder to be aware, act, and reflect. There are also meaningful quotes throughout the journal, as well as several Intention book marks.
These are helpful tools as I endeavor to take time for myself and live my life with purpose. How do you take time to focus on yourself, and to live with intention? Check out www.cerra.com for more information.

No comments: