Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Days 6-8




Well, so much for being dedicated to posting thankful stuff every day for 30 days. I have some catching up to do, but that's alright.

Day 6  I'm not one for cold weather. With that note, I'm thankful for heat. When it can't be summertime, at least I can enjoy the reassuring hum of the furnace. I was hell bent on not turning the furnace on until November 1st this year, but I'll admit I caved and it went on a few days early. I came close though! Anyway, I know we're lucky to have a  nice toasty home, and I can't imagine being outside, exposed to the elements, with no place to go to be warm. So lucky. We have warm clothes and warm blankets and hot showers, hot food, and hot beverages. I have a remote start for my van, so I can get it warmed up and cozy before we get in it every morning. I'm sitting here in my big warm hoodie and flannel pj pants and soft slipper socks, and I'm so grateful to not be cold.

Day 7  Carving out time for shopping just isn't that practical these days. But of course there are many things I need to shop for (and I LOVE shopping!), especially with Christmas coming up. So in my estimation, online shopping is pretty much the best thing ever. The greatest thing about it is comparison shopping without leaving my house. When I know what I'm looking for, I can scour the net, searching for the best deal. I get coupons and sale notifications from my favorite stores sent right to my email box. I love it! I'm so thankful for online shopping!  This is fresh in my mind since I've been trying to find the best deal possible on a North Face jacket for Bethany, which is a challenge in the size and color I'm looking for. And driving around to every North Face retailer in Metro Detroit would be a real inconvenience. At least 75% of my Christmas shopping will be done online too. I would grocery shop online if I could. Seriously, wouldn't that be sweet?

Day 8  Books have been my loyal companions since I learned to read. I use to get in trouble for bringing books to the dinner table. My nose was always in a book. I still love to read. I'm thankful for the resource of public libraries and all the wonderful tomes they have to offer my kids and me. I'm thankful for reading to my kids, which is one of my favorite things to do with them. I'm thankful for the opportunity to review books here on MichiGal. I'm thankful for the plethora of information and inspiration that can be found in books. I'm thankful for my Kindle, and the ability to bring a bunch of books with me wherever I go. And even though I get car sick reading in the car, I'm thankful that I don't get motion sickness while reading on the treadmill or the elliptical or stationery bicycle, because reading helps my workouts go by so much faster!


No comments: