Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So What! Wednesday


Life After I "Dew"



So What! So What! So What!

I had the teeniest little zit on my face the other day. So small. I could only see it when I got all up in the mirror's face. And yet. I cannot stand to have a zit on my face. So I had to pick it. And I couldn't get it (it was pretty miniscule after all). So I picked it some more. And now? I have a freaking mess on my face that I have to hide with gobs of cover up. Why oh why do I do this to myself?

I took my kids to meet Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney the other day, and I figure I can get a lot of leverage out of that for a long time. Like this: I might make you eat brown bread, but I let you ride a tour bus full of strangers so you could talk to Jeff Kinney while he ate his breakfast! So THERE!

Mathilda wears a hat 24/7. She only takes it off to take a bath, brush her hair, or, if necessary, to get dressed/undressed. This means, if you're following, she wears a hat to preschool, to ballet class, to sleep in, and everything in between. She's a tad OCD. But she's 3, and this won't last forever, and this is one battle I'm not taking on.

I love that I can still sneak in some Christmas shopping when Mathilda is with me. This won't last much longer, so I'm taking full advantage while I can.

I wish my kids didn't have school today.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if a hermit crab is dead or alive. I sure hope we're not losing another one. Crossing my fingers that he's molting!

Yesterday the kids had no after school activities and I let them just be kids and hang out. They did their homework, but I didn't heckle them to do chores. Chris was not so happy with that decision. The house suffered, so maybe he's right?

I'm doing so well with my Christmas shopping! I have a whole bunch done already, and have a pretty good idea of the other things I need to get. Maybe there won't be any last minute running around this year?

We were invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my cousin's house, and she assured me that we don't need to bring anything. I actually think...we're not going to bring anything. I don't know, maybe I'll change my mind after all.

I'm really glad I don't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Have I mentioned that I'm not all that fond of cooking?

I refuse to listen to Christmas music until Friday. Then it's ON.

What are you saying So What! to this week?




1 comment:

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

I am with you on the Christmas music! Not until Friday!! But I'm secretly excited about it :)

Have a great Thanksgiving (and enjoy not cooking!!)