Thursday, November 3, 2011

A FyrFlyz Mommy Party!

Being that I have four kids, I always like to check out the latest and greatest toys on the market. Actually, Chris and I could probably outlast our kids in a toy shopping marathon. I was really excited when I was contacted by Mom Select to try out a cool little toy called FyrFlyz (pronounced fire flies) and share it with my mommy friends and their kids.


This is a toy best enjoyed outside in the dark. As luck would have it, I already had a get together planned with my mommy friends, outside in the dark! Our family was getting together with a few other families at a local trunk or treating event. It was a beautiful night, and I'm not sure how many more of those we're going to have around here, so I thought I'd better seize this opportunity. Mom Select provided me with FyrFlyz for my kids to try out and to share with friends, so I brought them along to the trunk or treat.


All of us were hanging out by my friend Cathy's van, and snacks were provided by the church hosting the trunk or treat, so it worked out really well as a Mommy Party on location. When Mom Select contacted me, it was the first I had heard of FyrFlyz. But as I passed them out to the kids in our group, I soon realized some of them had already heard of them and been wanting one.



FyrFlyz are little toys on strings that light up. You can spin them around and make different patterns with the light. There are three different kinds available: Blue Angel, which has blue and multicolor lights; Cyclone, which has white and green lights; and NytFyr, which has red and white lights. They sell for about $10 a piece. Kids love things that spin and light up, and these were no exception. As the kids in our group played with their FyrFlyz, trick or treaters were coming to the van hoping they were going to be getting one too. There were even a few kids I caught trying to rummage around in the back of the van, hoping to find a leftover. There are many different patterns that you can make, but it does take a little practice. 

I was disappointed that none of my pictures picked up the lights. But if you go to the FyrFlyz website and check out the Trick Gallery, you can just use your imagination and envision streaks of colorful light in these pictures. You can also find directions for different tricks on the website.



FyrFlyz has received a Platinum Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Award, and apparently celebrities are snatching them up like crazy for their munchkins. They are fun to play with (the kids think so too!), and would make great stocking stuffers.

Thank you to Mom Select and MommyParties for this fun opportunity to try something new! All the kids in the group had an awesome time trying out their new FyrFlyz!

I received FyrFlyz products at no charge to review and share with my mommy group. I was not compensated in any other way, and all opinions are 100% my own.




2 comments:

Tina Marie said...

The Fire Fly's were pretty to cool to watch...they made patterns like you would with a sparkler, only without the fire! Thanks Alysia.

MammaNatty said...

I have wanted to get one of these for my Nephew turning 9 next week! Nice review. Recent gfc follower, please visit if you can www.mammanatty.com