Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November Thankful #9

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm doing daily thankful posts. I'd love it if you'd join me by commenting here or on MichiGal's Facebook page.
 
 
November 9


Today I am thankful for blogging. I have always wanted to be a writer, maybe since I was chosen to attend a district-wide young author's conference in the fourth grade, maybe even before that. I used to pretend to be a reporter at recess, and write short stories and poetry in my spare time.

As I got older, I became less and less sure of myself. In high school and college I excelled at things like term papers and essays, but was reluctant to let go enough to write much for pleasure. I was so afraid of criticism and unfortunately I let that fear run the show. I didn't take writing classes in college and I wish I would have. 

When I first heard of blogging, I wasn't sure what it was. Then I found out and I was still scared. I tentatively set up MichiGal, but then I didn't do anything for awhile. My first post was published in January 2010 but it was several months before I actually started sharing my posts. I think this is the first one I posted on Facebook, and then I was all aflutter of nerves worrying about what people would think. And then I started getting braver, bit by bit.

I have to admit, I still hold back a bit. But I'm getting better. And I'm so grateful to have this wonderful and FREE platform to write and share my writing with others. Hopefully once in awhile something I write resonates with someone, because that is the best part of writing for me. 
 

No comments: