Saturday, November 5, 2011

November Thankful #5

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'll be doing daily thankful posts. I'd love it if you'd join me by commenting here or on MichiGal's Facebook page.
 
 
 
November 5
 
 
Today I am thankful for good hair cuts. I don't care what anyone says, there is a world of difference, no a galaxy of difference, between a BoRics or Super Cuts special and a good salon cut. Sadly, I rarely make myself enough of a priority to take the time or spend the money on a hair cut. Way back in maybe February or so I got a $10 hair cut from a little place nearby where Chris used to get his hair cut. It wasn't bad at all for ten bucks. But it didn't exactly make me feel like a million bucks either. 
 
In May I got highlights with a new girl I'd never been to before at the recommendation of a friend. I didn't get a hair cut because I was getting ready to stand up in a wedding and my hair was just barely long enough for an up-do. And she did an outstanding job of doing exactly what I wanted. I mean it's November and my highlights still look great.
 
Of course since not getting my hair cut since February, I was beginning to get into a desperate situation by August or so. Last week I finally decided to do something about it, and I made an appointment with Ashlee, the girl who hooked me up with the highlights. My appointment was Thursday night.

Voila!
















I haven't had bangs since I was in my early 20's. She trimmed me all up, shaped and shortened my layers, and gave me some perfectly manageable side bangs. I heart Ashlee! If you live in metro Detroit and are looking for someone to make magic happen with your hair, she's at London Calling salon in Roseville. They have appointments until 11 p.m., so no excuses! Tell them I sent you and we'll both get a discount ~ woohoo!

No comments: