Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Thankful #6

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm doing daily thankful posts. I'd love it if you'd join me by commenting here or on MichiGal's Facebook page.
 
 
November 6
 
 
Today I'm thankful for a new discovery, frozen hot chocolate. I've heard of this concoction before, but never fully grasped the scope of its deliciousness. Recently I received two bottles of Torani syrup from SheSpeaks to review. I had never heard of this product, but as soon as I saw what it was, I realized I have probably enjoyed many drinks flavored with Torani syrup. There are over 120 different flavors to choose from, and even some sugar-free options.
 
I love fancy-schmancy coffee drinks, but the thing is, I like someone else to make them for me. I'm not a regular coffee drinker and we don't keep coffee in the house. Since Torani syrups are often used to flavor coffee, I wasn't sure what I would do with my two free bottles. I found some good ideas online and from the Torani recipe booklet I received with my bottles (there is also a recipe section on the Torani website), including hot chocolate flavored with Torani. Okay, yummy and I'm perfectly capable of making hot chocolate. And then I thought of frozen hot chocolate, and wondered if I could pull that off.
 
I found a recipe on another blog for frozen hot chocolate made in the Magic Bullet, which is perfect for me because I use my Magic Bullet on an almost daily basis. I tweaked it a little bit, using my Torani syrup, and the result was heaven slurped through a straw. I'm sure this could be made using a blender or similar kitchen gadget, but I am partial to my Bullet. This is for one serving.
 
http://www.shespeaks.com/pages/img/Torani_badge150x150_1012_10122011120124.png
  • Fill Magic Bullet about half way with ice
  • Add milk to just cover the ice
  • Add 4 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix
  • Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Peppermint Torani syrup (I used 1 and it could have used a little bit more)
  • Blend it up for a minute or so
  • Top with whipped cream
  • Enjoy your delicious creation
I'm afraid this could end up turning into a bad habit. Stay tuned for more recipes using Torani, but for now I'm thrilled to pieces with my frozen peppermint hot chocolate. Thank you SheSpeaks and Torani for the opportunity to try something new.

No comments: