Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November Thankful #8

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm doing daily thankful posts. I'd love it if you'd join me by commenting here or on MichiGal's Facebook page.



November 8


Today I'm thankful for American Horror Story. I am generally clueless when it comes to T.V. talk, since I've never seen an episode of The Office, Modern Family, Real Housewives of (fill in location), or most other shows. I really don't watch much television, but when I do I prefer shows with intense character development and intricate, detailed story lines. Some examples of my favorites include Dexter and True Blood. I was a huge fan of Lost, Arrested Development, and Six Feet Under

Chris is much more up to date regarding anything media related, and he is usually the one who turns me on to new shows. So he watched the first four episodes of American Horror Story without me. Which is fine except that I'm a major wimp and I could only convince him to re-watch one of the episodes with me. I had to watch the others by myself and this show freaks me out! But in a fun, good way!

I'm not a fan of gory violence, but I love a good scary story. Sometimes at the end of a scary book or movie, I wish it wasn't over yet because I want to know more. This is why I love American Horror Story. Each episode reveals more and more information about the characters, the house, and the the back story.


American Horror Story is on FX Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. (EST). The first episode is no longer On Demand, but there's probably a way to find it online. A couple other episodes are coming off of On Demand on the 11th, so if you haven't seen them yet hurry on up!


A brief synopsis: A family moves across the country from Boston to L.A. for a new start when the wife finds out that her husband is having an affair. They find a beautiful old home at a bargain basement price, but soon it becomes apparent why it was such a steal. The dad is a psychiatrist running a practice out of the house and the couple has a teenage misfit daughter, struggling to fit in. The house has quite a history, and the neighbors are pretty interesting too. You can never be sure if certain characters are living or...not.


Do you watch American Horror Story? What do you think? I can't wait for this week's episode!

No comments: